db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Mikael" <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject Derby shutdown question
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:24:55 GMT
Hi !

Derby: 10.4.1.3

I run a Derby server like:
    private NetworkServerControl    server;
    server = new NetworkServerControl( InetAddress.getByName( "localhost"),
port);
    server.start( null);

Later on I close all connections and shutdown the server like:
   server.shutdown();
   server = null;

And then I start the server again just like above, but this does not work, I
can open a
connection but when I execute a query it fails with something like:

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Insufficient data while reading
from the network - expected a minimum of 6 bytes and received only -1 bytes.
The connection has been terminated.
        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.DatabaseMetaData.getTables(Unknown
Source)

This was with a metadata.getTables() call but it is the same thing with any
sql query.

Is there anything else I have to do to get the server to shutdown and
restart correct ?

Mikael