db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Albert Kam" <moonblade.w...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Shutdown cleanly embedded derby when tomcat shutdown ?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:49:39 GMT
Hello !

Thanks for the response ..
I tried out what you said, but it still hangs, i think it could be something
else T_T

Anyway, this thread also shows another approach of doing it.

Yesterday from my search, i found out too about one approach that supplies
another dbcp resource in tomcat that functions to shutdown derby ..

        <Resource name="jdbc/SofcoSMSShutdown" auth="Container"
              maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
              username="" password=""

One just need to fetch the connection to close the database (ironic .. haha)
I think it'll work as stated by the poster, but .. havent got the time to
test it yet ..

Albert Kam

Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.
Looking deeply at life as it is in the very here and now,
the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom.
(Thich Nhat Hanh)

View raw message