db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Albert Kam" <moonblade.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Shutdown cleanly embedded derby when tomcat shutdown ?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:21:48 GMT
Hello Derby ..

Derby version : 10.4.1.3
Tomcat version : 5.5.25

I've tried using embedded apache derby in my webapp running in tomcat.
I register jndi datasource for derby in my tomcat. All went well, except
that when i issue
shutdown.sh for the tomcat, and it seems that the tomcat process lingers (i
did ps auwx | grep tomcat).
I have to kill the tomcat pid everytime now after using derby in my webapp.

Is there a clean way to shutdown apache derby datasource from tomcat ? I
tried issuing :
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:MyDbTest;shutdown=true");
in my struts' LogoutAction, but the tomcat process still lingers after
shutdown.sh is issued.

Help :)

Albert Kam
--
Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.