db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4.2 maintenance release, was: java.lang.NullPointerException. [XJ001] on update
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:03:29 GMT
Alan Burlison wrote:
> Rick Hillegas wrote:
>
>> I was thinking of producing a 10.4.2 maintenance release in
>> September, hoping that we would have message localizations by then.
>
> We could probably live with that, thanks.  Is there a policy for what
> gets backported into the release branches?  Are there particular
> snapshots of the release branches that get more testing than others?
> I'm trying to gauge how much potential instability we will face by
> running something built off the 10.4 branch.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Alan,

Nightly regression tests run on the development trunk and on the 10.4
branch. I believe that you should be able to view the results at
http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/ I see one error in the 10.4 tests.
It's an error in the replication tests. I believe it is being tracked.
In my opinion, 10.4 is a stable branch whose quality improves steadily.

It appears to me that most bug fixes are being backported to 10.4.
However, we don't have a fixed policy here and we rely on developers'
good sense. Some patches may have slipped through the cracks and we will
want to sweep them into the branch before building 10.4.2.

Hope this helps,
-Rick