db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Can't delete Dery folder
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:48:31 GMT
> I'm running Derby in embedded mode.  After Derby is shutdown, I can delete
> all the files derby created, but I can't delete the main folder Derby
> created.  I'm on windows and have admin rights on the box and can't even
> take ownership of the folder.  However, If I reboot the machine the folder
> is magically gone.  Any ideas on what is going on here?

One possibility is that the folder or a file inside the folder is still open,
by some process on the machine.

Go search the web and find Microsoft's "System Internals Process Explorer"
tool, and download and learn how to use it, and then use it to examine
the state of your system after you think Derby is shut down, and see if
you can find a process which has an open handle to a file in that folder.

thanks,

bryan