db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Speed of using Derby DB
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:33:34 GMT
vodarus vodarus wrote:
> I thought tt using stored procedure will avoid transferring data from
> DataEngine to Application.

That cost is very little when using embedded where both are executing in
the same VM.

> Using Java + Oracle will be slower than usage of PL/SQL code.

But Java + Oracle implies client/server and transfer of data between
different processes.

> Application will spend a lot of resources to transfer data from DBMS to
> external code and back.
> Do you mean usage of Java application itself and avoid usage of stored
> procedure?

>         PS does derby / javaDB have it's own forum?
>     Do you mean outside this mailing list?
> Yes. I think forum is more visual tool for communication than mail-list.

(I would think that depends on your mail client.)

Nabble and several other sites provide a way to access the mailing list
in as a forum. http://www.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f93.html

View raw message