db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Speed of using Derby DB
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:09:38 GMT
> And what tools can you use to analyse big amount of relation-data? SQL
> can not be used in many cases. So people usually use stored procedures
> in RDBMS - PL/SQL in Oracle. I have idea: replase Oracle with Java
> application. And that Java application have RDBMS inside (like Derby in
> Embedded mode).

If you are using Derby in embedded mode, I do not think there will be a
performance advantage of using a stored procedure over executing the
code directly in the application.  It may even be faster to skip the
stored procedure.  It would be interesting if you could try it out and
report the results.

> PS does derby / javaDB have it's own forum?

Do you mean outside this mailing list?

--
Øystein