db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Checking for integrity in a trigger
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:34:47 GMT
Hi Bassam,

Derby's trigger syntax is described in the "CREATE TRIGGER statement"
section of the Derby Reference Manual:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/ref/

You may also be able to implement the behavior you need by using a CHECK
constraint which invokes a function. The function, in turn, can do
something complicated such as reading other tables. This will work if
the condition you need to enforce is one which you want to hold true at
UPDATE time as well as INSERT time.

Hope this helps,
-Rick