db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException from Derby 10.1
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:13:15 GMT
sin(EaTing), wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException when using Derby
> 10.1
> I just did something like
>
> "select access_time, application, keyword, user_ip from log_request
> where access_time between timestamp('2007-10-01', '00:00:00') and
> timestamp('2007-10-28', '23:57:30')"
>
> and got the disconnection.
>
> The error message is like:
> ERROR (no SQLState): A communication error has been detected.
> Communication protocol being used: Reply.fill(). Communication API being
> used: InputStream.read(). Location where the error was detected:
> insufficient data. Communication function detecting the error: *.
> Protocol specific error codes(s) TCP/IP SOCKETS
>
> The returned rows should be above 7966 rows. If I try to restrict the
> constraints so that the return rows is below 7966 rows that is OK.
> Any ideas about this?

Hello,

Did this happen only once, or is it reproducible?

If it is reproducible, can you try the following:
  1) Remove, or add, a column from/to the query (not the data!).
  2) Add an order by.

This is purely guessing, I just want to rule out an off-by-one error
that was fixed some time ago.

Another thing to try is using a newer *client*.
You should consider upgrading anyway, unless there are specific reasons
why you are keeping the old version.

regards,
--
Kristian