db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Kyrmegalos <andrea...@vivodinet.gr>
Subject Re: Database connection not bound to default database schema when authenticating through LDAP?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:07:00 GMT
Thanks Øystein,
   I was just checking that now too, with builtin authentication. Same
result. My impression was that default schemas are attached to the
database not the connecting user. So, that since a user has been
authenticated and if there are no authorization locks in place there
wouldn't be a need to set the schema each time a user connects.
Something like a default behavior. But as you said the default behavior
is have the connecting username as the starting schema. Thanks again.
What I 'm trying to figure out is the rational behind such an approach.
If someone could shed some light on this?

Andreas