db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: embedded db and connection pooling
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:46:38 GMT
Robert J. Carr wrote:
> I just set up connection pooling with an embedded derby database and
> it works great.  I use derby in development and frequently destroy my
> database (delete it) and create anew.  But now that I've been using
> connection pooling, it seems tomcat is holding onto some old version
> of my database in memory and not looking at this newly created (and
> empty) one.
>
> Is my only solution to restart tomcat each time I recreate my db?
> Before I started connection pooling I would just redeploy my webapp,
> but this now gets me into problems.  Ideas?

Hi Robert,

It is a bit unclear to me what you are actually doing.
Do you delete the files on disk and connect to the same database
(again), or are you creating a brand new database (with a different name
/ directory)?

In any case, I suspect you have to redeploy your data source; close all
open connections and connection again. Maybe this is something your
connection pool manager can do, or maybe you have to issue a redeploy
command for Tomcat?

Also, which OS and file system are you running on?

regards,
--
Kristian