db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "vodarus vodarus" <voda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speed of using Derby DB
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:39:39 GMT

> If you want a better comparison, write a Java Stored Procedure in Oracle
> and then compare the time. Even then you will have differences that will
> effect your performance.

I do not need "Java Stored Procedure in Oracle". I need fast application
that will analyse big amount of relation data. This analysis can not be done
via SQL, so necessary to use some server side stored procedure.

When i use Java with Derby - perfomance fall is 12 times for 1 iteration,
but necessary to do 100 of analysis for each amount of data. So performance
will fall 12*100 times. So it will be better to buy Oracle than use Derby
and buy more computers.

In this comparsion PL/SQL wins because it have better syntax AND better
perfomance.

But may be i have done something wrong and together we can fix it :)