db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "vodarus vodarus" <voda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speed of using Derby DB
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:23:47 GMT
2008/6/11 Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com>:

> If you are using Derby in embedded mode, I do not think there will be a
> performance advantage of using a stored procedure over executing the code
> directly in the application.  It may even be faster to skip the stored
> procedure.  It would be interesting if you could try it out and report the
> results.

I thought tt using stored procedure will avoid transferring data from
DataEngine to Application.
Using Java + Oracle will be slower than usage of PL/SQL code. Application
will spend a lot of resources to transfer data from DBMS to external code
and back.

Do you mean usage of Java application itself and avoid usage of stored
procedure?

>  PS does derby / javaDB have it's own forum?
>>

> Do you mean outside this mailing list?

Yes. I think forum is more visual tool for communication than mail-list.