db-derby-user mailing list archives

From aspect1958 <gev...@debshops.com>
Subject Backing up transactions logs
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:37:59 GMT

My issue is that I am trying to create a backup procedure that would limit my
data loss exposure.
Currently a complete backup is performed each morning at 4:30am
SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE_AND_ENABLE_LOG_ARCHIVE_MODE('BackupDir’,1)

The logs reside in the database under logs.

On the hour I am using system commands to copy the logs with the archive
flag set and the logctrl file,  to the BackupDir/logs directory.    On the
theory that my exposure to a disk crash is limited to 1 hour.

But when ever I attempt to recover the database with roll forward with
“rollForwardRecoveryFrom=’BackupDir'
I get a message like;
 Page Page(9,Container(0, 144)) is at version 2,613,545, the log file
contains change version 2,621,080, either there are log records of this page
missing, or this page did not get written out to disk properly.
ij version 10.2

Is this a difference between the actual logs and the logctrl?

Is my only other option to move the log file location to ‘BackupDir’
Thanks for any thoughts on this.