db-derby-user mailing list archives

From jp4 <john.pfei...@hnpsolutions.com>
Subject Does Embedded Driver Support Multiple Databases
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:03:20 GMT

I am trying to mimic an standalone version of a test and production
environment using Derby.  When I run my unit test cases, I would like to
load two databases using the EmbeddedDriver.  Does the EmbeddedDriver
support mulitple databases?  If so, how is this accomplished.

I am trying to startup the datasources using the Spring configuration Below

        <bean id="dataSourcePerm"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource"
                p:driverClassName="${jdbc.driverClassName}"
                p:url="${jdbc.url.perm}"
                p:username="${jdbc.username}"
                p:password="${jdbc.password}" />

	<bean id="dataSourceTemp"
class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource"
                p:driverClassName="${jdbc.driverClassName}"
                p:url="${jdbc.url.temp}"
                p:username="${jdbc.username}"
                p:password="${jdbc.password}" />

With properties

jdbc.driverClassName=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
jdbc.url.perm=jdbc:derby:../benefitrealization-dataaccess/target/brpermdb
jdbc.url.temp=jdbc:derby:../benefitrealization-dataaccess/target/brtempdb
jdbc.username=user
jdbc.password=password

When I try running my unit tests with this configuration, I get the
following error:

is java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database
'../benefitrealization-dataaccess/target/brpermdb',

Thanks,

jp4