db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: embedded db and connection pooling
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:25:17 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert J. Carr" <rjcarr@gmail.com>
To: "Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 10:02 PM
Subject: embedded db and connection pooling

>I just set up connection pooling with an embedded derby database and
> it works great.  I use derby in development and frequently destroy my
> database (delete it) and create anew.  But now that I've been using
> connection pooling, it seems tomcat is holding onto some old version
> of my database in memory and not looking at this newly created (and
> empty) one.
>
> Is my only solution to restart tomcat each time I recreate my db?
> Before I started connection pooling I would just redeploy my webapp,
> but this now gets me into problems.  Ideas?

Robert I almost certain you can set it up on a per webapp basis...
You going to have to look at your TC documentation or google.
ie if the pool is just for a single webapp you can set it up that way.
Probably do the context stuff in the app and not for the server etc, but
check out the tc doca and google.
I have my own pools so not practised... but its do-able

The only real POJO Application Server.