db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Anil D'souza" <anil.dso...@patni.com>
Subject Unable to connect to the apache derby server
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 05:54:44 GMT
Hi, I tried to coonect to a apache derby server using the DBManager class
which is attached in the mail. I get the following error.

[2008-06-30 10:52:03,091] ERROR com.bupa.bqpmonitor.quartz.job.BQPHttpJob
Insuff

icient data while reading from the network - expected a minimum of 6 bytes
and r

eceived only -1 bytes.  The connection has been terminated.

java.sql.SQLException: Insufficient data while reading from the network -
expect

ed a minimum of 6 bytes and received only -1 bytes.  The connection has been
ter

minated.

        at
org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknow

n Source)

        at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown
Sourc

e)

        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)

        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193)

        at
com.bupa.bqpmonitor.applite.utils.DBManager.getConnection(DBManager.j

ava:88)

        at
com.bupa.bqpmonitor.appservice.dataaccess.dao.log.MonitorLogDAO.inser

tLog(MonitorLogDAO.java:95)

It is a simple Web application trying to insert data in the derby database,
using the MonitorLogDao class.

I have done the following settings in server.xml placed in the following
directory structure D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2\conf

Please let me know if I need to make any additional settings or if my
settings are incorrect.

Thanks and regards

Anil D'souza

Patni Computer Systems Ltd.