I'm trying to save data to an embedded derby database. When I save to the field, I noticed nothing was getting saved. I would get an execution finished, but nothing saved. Here's my query... INSERT INTO DBUSER.NOTES (NOTE, CONTACTID) VALUES ('
', 43) Running this from the database tool in Netbeans, I noticed that - if I remove the less than symbol out of the line, it works fine. INSERT INTO DBUSER.NOTES (NOTE, CONTACTID) VALUES ('html>br />', 43) Is less than some special symbol? -- kai www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com remember - a turn signal is a statement, not a request