Hi Shaoyong,

You can also look at the link below to find out how to debug some locking situations:

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@sun.com> wrote:
Hi Shaoyong,

For tips on how to avoid deadlocks, please see the "Deadlocks" section of the Derby Developer's Guide: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.3/devguide/

Hope this helps,

Shaoyong Wang wrote:

We are using Derby Occasionally, we saw the following error. Can anybody tell me how to tune Derby to get around this? Thanks.

Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: A lock could not be obtained due to a deadlock, cycle of locks and waiters is:

The selected victim is XID : 2057595.

at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeExecute(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parseEXCSQLSTTreply(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readExecute(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readExecute(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetPreparedStatement.readExecute_(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.readExecute(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.executeUpdateX(Unknown Source)

... 79 more