I believe that FAT32 drives have a 4GB limit. I bought an extra external hardrive for backups not realizing that it was FAT32.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Six Fried Rice <technet@sixfriedrice.com> wrote:
On May 22, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Christian Gruber wrote:

the maximum size of a table is the maximum file size of the underlying operating system (e.g.: 2 GB).

I'm curious where the 2GB limit is coming from. Are you certain your max file size is 2GB in your environment? For reference, here are max file sizes for common filesystems:

NTFS: 16 terabytes
HFS+ (Mac OS X): 8 exabytes (8 million terabytes)
EXT3: 16GB - 2TB depending on block size

Is the 2GB a Java limitation? Or perhaps related to some filesystem APIs in use?