Thanks for the response Rick.

I am not able to verify from the IDE.
However, I checked the release notes online for NetBeans and it says, under tested drivers
Tested Drivers

NetBeans IDE 6.0 has been tested with the following databases and drivers.

Driver
Version
Example URL
JavaDB Derby 10.3.1.4 jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample (Network)
Oracle Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3) jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521:ora9i
PostgreSQL 8.2 Build 506 jdbc:postgresql://jbrave-pc1.sfbay.sun.com:5432/postgres
MySQL MySQL Connector/J 5.0.7
Here is the link to NB Release notes:
http://www.netbeans.org/community/releases/60/relnotes.html#sql-db

Does this mean, its running 10.3.1.4 version of Derby(Java DB)?

If I am not interpreting it correctly, is there a concrete way of checking, which version of Derby am I running?

Also, if I am running an older version that is not supporting the DROP command, is there a way, I can integrate the newer version of JAVA-DB in NB?
Cos NB is giving me a very easy and nice interface to work with Java DB and makes creating and populating tables much faster.
OR
as an alternative, are there any GUIs available to work with bare JAVA-DB database like toad?

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks
Dev.