You need to reimport your jar containing the procedure definition?

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Tian TAN <tian.tan0831@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to derby and I recently encountering the following problem,
can someone help (by explaining a bit or pointing me to some doc)?

Environment
I am running derby server using eclipse plugin, and issuing the SQL through ij.

Step 1

connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testDB;create=true;';

CREATE PROCEDURE testPrint (  )
 MODIFIES SQL DATA
 PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
 LANGUAGE JAVA
 EXTERNAL NAME 'derbylab.TestProcedure.print' -- print 'AAA' in the Java class
;

CALL testPrint();

Statement executed correctly and prints out 'AAA.

Step 2
Then I changed the print 'AAA' in the Java class to print 'BBB' and execute

connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testDB;create=true;';

DROP PROCEDURE testPrint;
CALL testPrint(); -- make sure it's dropped. No surprise ERROR 42Y03
Procedure not found.

CREATE PROCEDURE testPrint (  )
 MODIFIES SQL DATA
 PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
 LANGUAGE JAVA
 EXTERNAL NAME 'derbylab.TestProcedure.print'
 --- now I expect it to print 'BBB', since I've changed the Java class
;
CALL testPrint();
Statement executed but still prints out 'AAA' instead of 'BBB'.

This is a bit surprise to me. I noticed that in between step 1 and
step2 if I restart derby network server the result is correct. So it
seems to me that the testPrint PROCEDURE is cached and not dropped?
(i.e. if the exact same testPrint PROCEDURE is recreated the old
cached version will be called).

Could someone help? (or pointing me to some online doc or some source
code I should look? ) Thanks.

Tim