db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.4.1.3: 'SYSIBM.CLOBRELEASELOCATOR' is not recognized as a function or procedure.
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 12:54:07 GMT
Daniel Noll <daniel@nuix.com> writes:

> On Friday 02 May 2008 16:38:31 Daniel Noll wrote:
>> Further information: When running 10.3.1.4 on the client, the error does
>> not occur (even though the server is still 10.4.1.3.)
>>
>> As I can't reproduce it with a database created on 10.3.1.4, it could be
>> that the database itself is older than that, so I'm currently working back
>> through the versions to see if I can make it happen with an older one.
>
> Okay, I can reproduce it now.
>
>   - Create a database under 10.2.2.0 and create any table with a CLOB column.
>   - Move the database to somewhere under control of the network server.
>   - Open the database through the server under 10.4.1.3.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting the steps to reproduce the problem. I also see it and
have logged it in the bug tracker:

A possible workaround, if you don't need the ability to access the
database with Derby 10.2 anymore, is to perform a full upgrade of the
database either to version 10.3 or to version 10.4. A full upgrade
should ensure that the procedure is created. See
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/tdevupgradedb.html and
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/ref/rrefattribupgrade.html.

--
Knut Anders