db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: java.sql.SQLException: A network protocol error
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 13:31:37 GMT
Shaoyong Wang <shaoyong.wang@ecompex.com> writes:

> We are using Derby 10.3.1.4. Occasionally, we saw the following error. Can
> anybody tell me how to get around this problem? Thanks.
>
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: A network protocol error was encountered
> and the connection has been terminated: the requested command encountered an
> unarchitected and implementation-specific condition for which there was no
> architected message

[snip]

> In derby.log, we find something like:
>

> ------------  BEGIN SHUTDOWN ERROR STACK -------------
>

> ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(2417,Container(0, 3872)),
> expected=1,362,834,019, on-disk version=3,471,158,983, page dump follows:
> Hex dump:

Hi Shaoyong,

I'm afraid this means that your database is corrupted, so you'll
probably have to restore it from backup.

In the latest Derby release (10.4.1.3) we fixed a bug that could lead to
corruption, so I would recommend that you upgrade to 10.4.1.3 (or to
10.3.3.x which is probably going to be released in a week or two). Note
that if your database has already been corrupted, upgrading won't help.

--
Knut Anders