db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Robert J. Carr" <rjc...@gmail.com>
Subject using derby with ant's sql task
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 20:40:44 GMT
I'm using an embedded derby database in my application.  There is an
initialization that requires some table updates and I'd like to have
these done in ant using the <sql> task.

The problem I'm having is setting the 'derby.system.home' system
property.  Unlike the <java> task, the <sql> task doesn't take the
nested <sysproperty> property.

I'm sure it could be done with environment variables but I'd like to
avoid doing this if possible.

Are there any solutions others have used?  I'm not aware of a way to
have ant set a system property outside of the <java> task.

The kludge I've come up with is, since I was already using groovy for
something else, I embedded a line of groovy to set
'derby.system.home'.  Thankfully the <sql> task isn't forked so the
property persists.  But I do feel this is a kludge and would like to
know a better way, if possible.

Thanks!