db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 14:10:38 GMT
On 5/10/08, tankboy <redfern@safe-mail.net> wrote:
> After searching everywhere I finally found out that's it's about the
> security manager. I was hoping in Eclipse that I could just go to here and
> change the start line command - project/properties/Apache Derby/Network
> Server Host. I tried replacing the text localhost with -h localhost
> -noSecurityManager as suggested in the derby docs to run this on the command
> line but I think Eclipse is not liking multiple arguments. Anyone else?
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/tadminnetservopen.html
> http://developers.sun.com/docs/javadb/10.1/devguide/cdevbabejgjd.html
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=175762
>
> ChrisFromStPete wrote:
> I am getting a "java.security.AccessControlException:
> access denied (java.io.FilePermission derby.log read)" error when trying to
> start the Derby Network server from Eclipse. Can anyone help? I saw an
> article about installing a looser security policy, but it's not clear how to
> do this when use the plug-in. Thanks Chris Hankey

If you are using the derby plugin, you're out of luck until someone
fixes DERBY-2913. Then again, you shouldn't get that error at all.

If you're starting networkserver from a class you wrote yourself, or
from NetworkServerControl (if you're accessing the source), you should
be able to set the flags.

So, more information is needed on how NetworkServer is started exactly.

Myrna