db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Devang kamdar" <dev.kam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Use DROP in ALTER Table in NetBeans 6.0.1 (Derby Integrated)
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 04:58:06 GMT
Thanks for the response Rick.

I am not able to verify from the IDE.
However, I checked the release notes online for NetBeans and it says, under
tested drivers
*Tested Drivers*

NetBeans IDE 6.0 has been tested with the following databases and drivers.
  Driver
 Version
 Example URL
 JavaDB Derby 10.3.1.4 jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample (Network)
Oracle Oracle
Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.3) jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521:ora9i
PostgreSQL 8.2 Build 506 jdbc:postgresql://
jbrave-pc1.sfbay.sun.com:5432/postgres MySQL MySQL Connector/J 5.0.7Here is
the link to NB Release notes:
http://www.netbeans.org/community/releases/60/relnotes.html#sql-db

Does this mean, its running 10.3.1.4 version of Derby(Java DB)?

If I am not interpreting it correctly, is there a concrete way of checking,
which version of Derby am I running?

Also, if I am running an older version that is not supporting the DROP
command, is there a way, I can integrate the newer version of JAVA-DB in NB?

Cos NB is giving me a very easy and nice interface to work with Java DB and
makes creating and populating tables much faster.
OR
as an alternative, are there any GUIs available to work with bare JAVA-DB
database like toad?

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks
Dev.