db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Maris Orbidans" <maris.orbid...@ingg.com>
Subject how to get names of column constraints ?
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 16:58:27 GMT

I know I can read constraint names from SYS.SYSCONSTRAINTS but can I get
it from DatabaseMetaData?

I am trying to get ha-jdbc synchronization working with my derby
database. The problem is that ha-jdbc reads INDEX_NAMEs from
DatabaseMetaData  (with getIndexInfo) and assumes that column constraint
has the same name and tries to drop it.

DEBUG net.sf.hajdbc.sync.SynchronizationSupport  - ALTER TABLE
APP.RECEIPT DROP CONSTRAINT SQL080507133401610
ERROR net.sf.hajdbc.sql.AbstractDatabaseCluster  - Error for batch
element #0: ALTER TABLE failed. There is no constraint
'APP.SQL080507133401610' on table '"APP"."RECEIPT"'.

Maris

Confidentiality : This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and
may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor
must you copy or show them to anyone. Please advise the sender by replying to this e-mail

Opinion : Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and unless
specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of the authorís employer.

Security Warning : Internet e-mail is not necessarily a secure communications medium and can
be subject to data corruption. We advise that you consider this fact when e-mailing us.

Viruses : We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from
known viruses but in keeping with good computing practice, you should ensure that they are
virus free.

Inspired Gaming (UK) Limited
Registered in England No 3565640
Registered Office 3 The Maltings Wetmore Road, Burton On Trent, Staffordshire DE14 1SE
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.