db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leslie Software <lesliesoftw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I write a query that joins tables in two databases?
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 13:22:59 GMT
Thanks Rick,

I am glad I described the problem I was trying to solve.  Table Functions look very promising
I will start experimenting with them.  Are there any restrictions on where such a table can
be used?  Specifically, in my application, I want to be able to use an outer join.  That way
I can join the full card table with the users collection table and show them both cards they
do not have and the number of the cards they do have.

Ian

----- Original Message ----
From: Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hillegas@Sun.COM>
<snip>
XA, by itself, will not solve the following problem, which may be the
crux of your question:
<snip>

You may want to investigate whether Table Functions can help you here.
Table Functions let you treat external data like local tables in the
database you are connected to.
<snip>

http://www.flickr.com/gift/