db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Importing delimited files with header
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 16:00:22 GMT
Hi Patrick,

You can write a table function to help you out here. Your table function
will open your file, throw away the header, and then loop through the
lines in the file. I would recommend extending something like
FlatFileVTI (in Derby's demo directory). You can look at PropertyFileVTI
(in the same directory subtree), which will show you how to extend
FlatFileVTI. Once you declare your table function (let's call it
MyFileReader), you can then use it to populate your table as follows:

insert into STAFF
select * from table( MyFileReader( 'myfile.del' ) ) s

Hope this helps,
-Rick