db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Meyer <meye...@itemanalysis.com>
Subject Importing delimited files with header
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 15:33:37 GMT
I have a comma delimited file that contains a header in the first row of
the file. The header contains column names. If I manually create a new
file without the header, I can successfully import the new file with

CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE(null,'STAFF','myfile.del',null,null,null,0);

Creating the new file in my Java application is too time consuming for
it to be a good solution. Is there a way of importing a delimited file
with a header in the first row? Or, a way to import and ignore the first
row of the file being imported?

Thanks