db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Less Than Symbol
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 18:52:48 GMT
Hi Kai,

Your insert statement runs fine for me: the complete html fragment is
successfully stored. Perhaps Netbeans is intercepting the <. You might
want to take your question to the Netbeans user list.

Here's what I see running the following ij script:

ij> create table notes
(
  note varchar( 50 ),
  contactid int
);
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
ij> INSERT INTO NOTES (NOTE, CONTACTID) VALUES ('<html><br />', 43);
1 row inserted/updated/deleted
ij> select * from notes;
NOTE                                              |CONTACTID

1 row selected

Hope this helps you move the problem forward,
-Rick