db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to store many large files in the database?
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 12:52:01 GMT
Hi Christian,

Derby does not support partitioned tables. I think you will need to
write your own logic to divide the attachments among many buckets--the
buckets could either be a growing number of tables inside the database
or files outside the database. Regardless of how you implement the
buckets, table functions may be able to hide some of the complexity when
you SELECT the attachments. You may be able to use database procedures
to hide some of the complexity of INSERTing into the buckets.

Hope this helps,
-Rick