db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Narayanan <V.Naraya...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Replicating Derby Database Files
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 05:33:05 GMT
Sai Pullabhotla wrote:
> Rick,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I briefly looked at the 10.4. documentation and
> it seems that the replication is designed for Derby running as a
> network server. Is this true?

No it is not true. You can run replication in the embedded mode also.
> Our application runs Derby in embedded mode and our customers are
> wanting to replicate the application on a regular basis (as and when
> any file/data changes) to the HA systems. What would be our options
> here to keep the Derby database up-to-date on the HA system?

I am worried about what you mean by up to date here. You see replication
in derby is
asynchronous, we only promise transaction consistency. You can read some
more on replication
in derby here

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReplicationWriteup

You can replicate an existing embedded database following the steps
listed here. You will find
the combination of the documentation in derby and this wiki
comprehensive, feel free to raise
any doubts you have.

Narayanan