db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: top N reporting with derby
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 16:17:44 GMT
> Just googling around I would say that the LIMIT/OFFSET feature has to be
> the #1 requested Derby feature of all time.

It absolutely is! https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-581

And the more people that get involved, the sooner we'll get it built
and operational.

The row_number() changes in DERBY 10.4 are a great step, but there's
still a lot of work left to do, and lots of opportunities for more
people to get involved and help. In addition to feature development
work, we could use help on testing, examples, documentation,
performance analysis, etc.

The effort that the community is putting into investigating the
new 10.4 row_number feature is great! I hope it continues, and I
hope we can incorporate that effort into ongoing improvements to
these features.

thanks,

bryan