db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Cannot get derby.language.logQueryPlan to work
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 14:39:07 GMT
> The log file gets appended to, I can see the connection numbers in the
> server's console and in the log file and the logs are sent to my custom file
> but I can't for the love of god get any statements or plans logged. I can't

Make sure that your statement runs all the way through to completion,
because query plan logging only occurs at the very end of query execution,
and if the query is interrupted partway through, the query plan results
do not get logged.

For example, I repeated your experiment by starting the server, then
connecting with ij and doing:

   create table t (a int);
   select * from t;

and I saw the query plan for the SELECT.

Does that work for you?

thanks,

bryan