db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problem
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 20:58:51 GMT
Ɓukasz Kaleta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem with getting data from derby database with correct encoding.
>
> I try:
> CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:C:\Workspace\IDEA\Prescription\dbtest;create=true;territory=pl_PL;
>
> CREATE TABLE ....
>
> when I read data from created table in ij everythink is ok, but when I
> get data from java.sql.ResultSet I can't reach correct polish chars?
> Waht can be the reason of that? What should I do to get correct chars?

Hi -
It might be your default locale - If the default locale of your JVM is
not pl_PL (reported by java.util.Locale.getDefault() ) you will need to
override this by setting user.language and user.region when starting
your JDBC program so that java properly displays the characters.

e.g:  java -Duser.language=pl -Duser.region=PL  myProg