db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "John H. Embretsen" <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Cannot Use DROP in ALTER Table in NetBeans 6.0.1 (Derby Integrated)
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 13:29:32 GMT
Some additional info regarding versions and Netbeans:

- The fact that NetBeans has been *tested with* a particular version of
Derby (or Java DB) does not mean that NetBeans *bundles* that version.

- NetBeans (6.0) itself does not bundle Java DB or Derby. However,
Glassfish and JDK 6 bundles Java DB, so your copy of the database
software may stem from either of these sources (which may come bundled
with NetBeans...).

- In addition to the method described by Rick, additional ways of
finding out which version of Derby or Java DB you are running may be
found here: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/VersionInfo. The "driver and
server version (CLASSPATH)" section should be particularly suitable for
NetBeans users.

- If you need to upgrade your Derby / Java DB libraries, this can be
easily done in NetBeans context. You just have to point NetBeans to your
Derby / Java DB installation (unless you replace the installation
already installed). See http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/ide/java-db.html
for some details.

Hope this helps,

--