db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Cannot Use DROP in ALTER Table in NetBeans 6.0.1 (Derby Integrated)
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 13:08:47 GMT
Hi Dev,

Your question seems to center on Netbeans configuration. You may get
better, faster answers if you pose these configuration questions to the
Netbeans lists. However, here is a crude way to figure out what version
of Derby you are using:

Inside Netbeans, click through these menus:

   Tools -> Java DB Database -> Settings

This will pop up a window which describes your Derby configuration. In
particular, the "Java DB Installation" line will tell you where Netbeans
is looking for Derby software. Let's say that line tells you that Derby
is located at "/foo/bar/wibble". In a shell window, type the following
command:

java -jar /foo/bar/wibble/lib/derbyrun.jar sysinfo

This will print out information on the version of Derby which lives in
that installation.

Hope this helps,
-Rick