db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leslie Software <lesliesoftw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can I write a query that joins tables in two databases?
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 11:05:53 GMT
I found some indications that Java XA will allow me to do what I want but I cannot seem to
find any examples that retrieve data from multiple databases into one result set.  Am I barking
up the right tree?

Here is what I am trying to do:  I have an application that ships with a .jar'ed database
of cards from a collectible card game (Magic the Gathering).  I want customers to be able
to create inventory databases to record the cards they own and then I want to perform queries
that combine data from the two databases.  That way they can search for cards and find out
which ones they already own vs. which they do not.  Or they can determine how many cards they
need to buy / trade for to create a specific deck.  I am running derby embedded in my application.

Thanks,

Ian

http://www.flickr.com/gift/