db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject RE: How to store many large files in the database?
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 22:00:08 GMT
You're not returning a "part of the filesystem" but just a string that
contains the path to the file object.

  _____

From: christian.gruber@web.de [mailto:christian.gruber@web.de]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 4:29 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: How to store many large files in the database?

Thanks for all the replys!

I know it is not the best solution to store large files in a database, but
it was the easiest in an ejb3 environment.

My knowledge of the maximum file size seems to be a bit outdated. What I
have found now is a sizelimit for Fat32 of 4 GB, NTFS has no limit. I hope
no one has used Fat32 on his WindowsXP installation and my fears are
causeless.

None the less does anybody know of a working example of a table function
that returns a part of the filesystem as a ResultSet?

Thanks again!

Christian