db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: 10.4.1.3: 'SYSIBM.CLOBRELEASELOCATOR' is not recognized as a function or procedure.
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 07:06:29 GMT
On Friday 02 May 2008 16:38:31 Daniel Noll wrote:
> Further information: When running 10.3.1.4 on the client, the error does
> not occur (even though the server is still 10.4.1.3.)
>
> As I can't reproduce it with a database created on 10.3.1.4, it could be
> that the database itself is older than that, so I'm currently working back
> through the versions to see if I can make it happen with an older one.

Okay, I can reproduce it now.

  - Create a database under 10.2.2.0 and create any table with a CLOB column.
  - Move the database to somewhere under control of the network server.
  - Open the database through the server under 10.4.1.3.

Since it requires two versions of Derby it's a bit of a hard thing to automate
and it takes a while to set it up... but I can reproduce it at least.

I haven't double-checked what happens under 10.3.1.4 client yet.

Daniel