db-derby-user mailing list archives

From donaldp <dona...@bluestreaktech.com>
Subject Re: Cannot get derby.language.logQueryPlan to work
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 12:25:05 GMT

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately nothing seems to work for me. :-(

My DERBY_HOME is set to c:\temp\db-derby-10.4.1.3-bin\

I copied my derby.properties file in DERBY_HOME, DERBY_HOME\bin and
DERBY_HOME\lib.

Here is its contents:
   derby.infolog.append=true
   derby.language.logQueryPlan=true
   derby.language.logStatementText=true
   derby.drda.logConnections=true
   derby.stream.error.file=c:/myderby.log

And I run the server with this command:
   \Java\jdk1.4.2_12\bin\java.exe -Dderby.language.logQueryPlan=true -jar
derbyrun.jar server start

The log file gets appended to, I can see the connection numbers in the
server's console and in the log file and the logs are sent to my custom file
but I can't for the love of god get any statements or plans logged. I can't
believe I'm the only one with such a complete lack of logs. Must be
something about my setup.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again

Donald