db-derby-user mailing list archives

From donaldp <dona...@bluestreaktech.com>
Subject Cannot get derby.language.logQueryPlan to work
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 20:02:28 GMT

Hello all,

I'm trying to do some optimization work on my statements but I can't get
logQueryPlan to work.

I tried setting it on the command line (-Dderby.language.logQueryPlan=true)
of ij.bat and the startnetworkserver.bat. Does not work. I tried to set it
in the derby.properties file, does not work either. I tried it in my app too
using the same techniques in addition to using jdbc connection properties.
Does not work.

I can set derby's log file name or make it append to the file instead of
overwriting it but I can't get the statements to log properly.

I'm sure it's something quite simple cause I've searched everywhere but
noone seems to have this problem. This is driving me nuts. Please help.

I'm using 10.4.1.3 on Windows.

thanks for your help
donald