db-derby-user mailing list archives

From MikeRam <ing.ramu...@tiscali.it>
Subject How to import data from external csv (i had it in mysql !)
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 10:41:22 GMT

I have exported record from a Derby DB (whit a primary unique ID) on computer
'A' in a csv data file
whith the command CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EXPORT_QUERY .....
but when i import them in an other equal derby database (on computer 'B'),
whit the command CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA,
i receive an exception because of the presence of records whith the same ID
(primary unique).
i want only add records not present on computer 'B'. I don't want REPLACE
all the record
(if i import data whit this option set i dont'receive exception, but i don't
want this !!!)
I'm migrating from mysql and i used the query
LOAD DATA INFILE '"+ FileSelezionato + "' IGNORE INTO TABLE " + Tb + "
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','"
and it worked perfectly, not touching existing record in computer 'B'
How obtain this with DERBY ?
Thanks