db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Yuill" <pyu...@objectix.com.au>
Subject Re: Spatial Indexing
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 02:06:56 GMT
Hi Kalyan,

I have been working on spatial indexing for Derby for a while now. I had
intended to get a release out by now, but stuff happens, and it now
looks to be about a month away. My project employs user created tables
and procedures to implement spatial functionality, including r-tree
indexing. While this is not optimal, it was a lot quicker to develop and
gets over a licensing issue that might be a bit thorny (the project uses
LGPL resources). The project is http://hatbox.sourceforge.net . I will
post again here when a release is available.

Regards,
Peter