I’ve currently created a multithreaded server that is using 1 class to do all of the database interactions when receiving commands from the client programs.

My question:  When my server code has multiple threads going, will the database, or the java code for that matter, wait until the current threads transactions are done before allowing another thread to take control of the database?

I have created a simple user login system that allows access to a machine, and there will be possible multiple logins going on at the same time (very possible it will never happen at the exact same time) but along with logins, admin users will be updating information in the database.  And I just want to make sure I won’t crash my database, if I have operations trying to access things at the same time.

Thanks

Checked by AVG.