Wheren running the command below

 rs = stmnt.executeQuery("SELECT PDFLOCATION from FILES WHERE PDFNAME = " + patron.getPDFName().toLowerCase());

I'm getting this error message.

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Column 'TESTME' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'TESTME' is not a column in the target table.
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
        at DBServer.conversation.run(conversation.java:691)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Column 'TESTME' is either not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then 'TESTME' is not a column in the target table.
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeSqlca(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePrepareError(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parsePRPSQLSTTreply(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatement.readPrepareDescribeOutput_(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.readPrepareDescribeOutput(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.flowExecute(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.executeQueryX(Unknown Source)
        ... 3 more
I'm not sure why I'm receiving this message.  testme is in the database.

Could it possibly not be matching on the Case of the piece I'm looking for?  PDFNAME is stored in the database as a VARCHAR