db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: A network protocol error was encountered and the connection has been terminated
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:30:07 GMT
Vic Ricker <vic@ricker.us> writes:

> Can anyone give me any suggestions on how to debug this issue?

Derby uses exception chaining. The call stack you posted only show the
place where an SqlException was caught and transformed to an
SQLException which was then thrown. To see the full stack trace you need
to do traverse the chain of exceptions using
SQLException.getNextException(). With that we should at least be able to
tell where in driver the network problem is detected...

--
dt