db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Hammonds, Nicholas" <Nicholas.Hammo...@thus.net>
Subject RE: limitation in stored procedure names
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:51:24 GMT
Brilliant that has solved my problems, and thanks for the good
explanation.

Nic ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Hammonds, Nicholas
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 5:04 PM
To: 'derby-user@db.apache.org'
Subject: limitation in stored procedure names

I am using apache derby in my unit testing.  Consequently I need to
create some stored procedures that will basically do the minimum and
behave as expected.  Therefore I am restricted to using exactly the same
parameters and name for my stored procedures.

One such procedure I am trying to create is as follows

stat = con.createStatement();
stat.execute("CREATE PROCEDURE
custom.ipa_post_message.ipa_post_axioss_response(IN pin_activity_id INT,
IN pis_message_id INT, IN pis_response VARCHAR(50), IN pis_status
VARCHAR(50), OUT pis_return VARCHAR(50)) parameter style java language
java external name
'net.thus.unittest.DBHelper.storedProc_ipa_post_axioss_response'");

It complains about a syntax error at the position of the second '.' .
If I replace the second '.' with a '_' everything works fine.  As I say
I have no influence of the procedure names is this DB is run and
developed by a third party.  Anybody know of a fix/workaround for this?

Many Thanks
Nic